Post-installation lawn care is very important and differs from the normal care. In order to ensure that your lawn will be established and look amazing after installation, make sure to:
- Water the installed lawn thoroughly to help settle the soil.
- Try your best to keep foot traffic off the sod for a week.
- Make sure to water everyday, preferable in the morning. In the first 10 to 14 days after the installation, you will want to take great care in making sure that your sod never dries out.
- Allow your lawn to grow to around 3 inches before you mow it and make sure you are as gentle as possible mowing for the first time because your lawn is still settling (the first mow will be around 2 weeks after installation). In addition, make sure to mow when the grass blades are dry and set your mower’s blades to 2-3 inches high.
- After the first week, you can cut back the watering to every other day, and by the 2nd and 3rd week, you can water your lawn 1-2 times per week. After this, you can cut down to watering your lawn with around 1 inch of water once a week, like you would any lawn.
- Fertilize your lawn about once a month after installation to keep a healthy, green lawn.
For tips once the post-installation watering process is complete, check out this article.
39656 County Road 29, Woodland, CA 95695
All Rights Reserved ©2019 CalTurf